Prep Work Is The Key To Positive Feedback
Time is your most valuable asset at work. If you struggle to get everything done on time and accurately, consider this advice for managing your day more efficiently:
- Question everything. Look at each task and ask, “Is this the best use of my time right now?” Delay or eliminate anything that’s unrelated to your most important responsibilities.
- Eliminate distractions. If you have an office with a door, close it to prevent interruptions. If you’re in a cubicle, consider posting a “Do not disturb” sign when you need to concentrate or finding an empty conference room where you can work in peace.
- Cut the tech cord. Don’t be a slave to technology. You may have to turn off your email alerts and silence your phone in order to get your work done. Check emails and voicemail on a regular basis, but not every five minutes.
- Write tasks down. Instead of trying to juggle every task that comes up in your head, make a habit of writing things down as they’re presented to you. This helps you keep a clear mind, so you can concentrate on the immediate task.
- Keep a schedule. Don’t just make a to-do list. Schedule each item on it, along with an estimate of how long each task will take. This helps you budget your time effectively throughout the day.
For more tips, tools and inspiration blogs click here.
Get off the Wheel Systems and Procedures for Greater Profits & Reduced Stress
By: Diane Gardner
This Book is for you IF…
You are an accountant, bookkeeper, or tax preparer with employees and one of the following describes you: