How To Win Support and Be Successful
You can’t please everybody, as the saying goes, but you’ll do better on the job—and in your life—by being likable. When team members and friends enjoy your conversation and companionship, they’ll be more eager to help you achieve your professional and personal goals. Here are some pointers on how to win support and be successful. in your -professional role. You can boost your overall “likability” by focusing on these areas:
- Listen to people. No one likes to be ignored. Pay attention when friends and team members are talking to show that you’re not arrogant and self-centered.
- Give compliments. Tell people when you like something they’ve done. Praise and appreciation are music to everyone’s ears.
- Speak slowly and clearly. Make sure people can understand what you’re trying to say. They’ll appreciate your efforts to be understood.
- Use people’s names. We all like the sound of our own name. Use names often to show that you know and value the person you’re talking to.
- Ask for help. Most people want to help, and if you ask politely, they’ll enjoy knowing that you respect their talents. By the same token, always help others when they ask you for assistance.
- Admit your weaknesses and mistakes. Don’t be afraid to show some vulnerability. No one’s perfect, and pretending to be will usually alienate people. Honesty will win them over.
- Share your passions. Passion can be contagious. Friends and team members will respond to your goals if you express them sincerely and enthusiastically.
- Show a sense of humor. You don’t have to try to be a stand-up comedian, but be willing to laugh at yourself and your mistakes.
For more tips, tools and inspiration blogs click here.
Get off the Wheel Systems and Procedures for Greater Profits & Reduced Stress
By: Diane Gardner
This Book is for you IF…
You are an accountant, bookkeeper, or tax preparer with employees and one of the following describes you: